Remove IP it’s a really-really-simple plugin to not log the IP address from the people that comment on your wordpress
This plugin will be useful to people that cannot/or don’t want to use libapache2-mod-removeip (because you don’t use
apache or don’t want to wipe out the IP logging on all vhosts).
- Upload the removeip folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Do I need this?
If you are reading this it’s probably because you are interested on your commenters anonymity. If you don’t, you don’t need this plugin.
- Is this going to annonymize the logs of my webserver?
No, sorry. Try libapache2-mod-removeip if you use apache2.
- I installed libapache2-mod-removeip, do I need this plugin too?
No, you don’t. The libapache-mod-removeip will hide the IP address from the commenters to wordpress, the same as this plugin does.
- Can I use it with wordpress.com stats/google analytics?
Sure, but I’m not sure that you really want to let google or wordpress.com register the IP address from your commenters.
- Your plugin is lame!
Yep, I know. I had to make it work for a project that uses nginx as webserver and cannot switch to apache and we got tired
of editing wordpress core files… so I needed it. And it’s always nice to share 🙂
“Remove IP” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
- First version.