Zooom is a useful plugin to have for product images on ecommerce websites, or if you just want people to be able to zoom into an image without spawning additional overlays or popup windows that may cover your content. This plugin is developed on top of a jquery plugin Magnify by Tom Doan.
[zooom normal_url="NORMAL_IMAGE_URL" big_url="BIG_IMAGE_URL" alt="ALT_TEXT_OF_IMAGE (OPTIONAL)" class="CSS_CLASS (OPTIONAL)" /]
- Within your WordPress admin area, navigate to “Plugins”.
- Click the “Add New” link near the top of your screen.
- Click the “Upload” link.
- Click the browse button and navigate to wherever you downloaded the zip file to, select the zip file
- Click the “Install Now” button
- Click “Activate Plugin”
- Extract the zip file
- Upload (ftp) the resulting
zooomfolder to your
- Activate “Zooom” through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
How many images needs to be uploaded?
You will need to upload 2 different size image. A normal image which will be shown on your website and another high resolution image which will be used for magnifying effect.
How to use it?
After you had upload 2 different images, get the URL from “Media” section of your Dashboard. Once you have that, just copy below short code and paste links in given area.
[zooom normal_url="NORMAL_IMAGE_URL" big_url="BIG_IMAGE_URL" alt="ALT_TEXT_OF_IMAGE" class="CSS_CLASS (OPTIONAL)" /]
- initial releases