The Zapper Payments addon is a clean and easy to configure payment gateway, which allows you, as a Zapper merchant,
to accept payments on your WooCommerce website via a payment option on the Checkout page.
Need to register as a Zapper Merchant? Contact us now
You can find detailed instructions for this plugin and learn more about Zapper integrations here.
Installing the Plugin
To install the plugin:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/zapper-paymentsdirectory, or install the plugin through the
WooCommerce ‘Plugins’ screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
How to Configure for Testing
If you do not have a Zapper account and want to test the Zapper payment plugin, simply enable Sandbox Mode (Do not use this in production).
To make payments in the Sandbox Mode, add a test card to the Zapper mobile application as follows:
1. Navigate to Payment Methods.
2. Select “Add Card”.
3. Add a valid test card number (search for “Test Credit Cards” online. e.g. 4000 0000 0000 0002).
4. Enter any future expiry date and CVC.
5. Enter any name for “Name on Card”.
6. Select “Save”.
How to Configure for production
A Zapper merchant account is required to use this plugin. Register here. Once registered, you will receive your Zapper Merchant and Site ID’s.
To configure the Zapper payment plugin for production, a Zapper Merchant ID and Site ID is required.
1. Enter the Merchant and Site IDs.
2. Click on “Request OTP” to have the OTP emailed to the Zapper Merchant.
3. Enter the OTP (a.k.a. Verification Code) and click “Submit OTP”.
4. Click “Save changes”.
Note: The “Status” field will indicate if the configuration is a success or if any errors have occurred.
Warning: If the Manual Token Entry override is used, it is up to the merchant to ensure that the POS Token entered is correct.
Can I use this addon before registering as a Zapper Merchant?
You will first need to apply to be a Zapper Merchant here, before you can use this addon.
After filling out the above form, a Zapper representative will contact you to help you get set up as soon as possible.
Is Zapper secure?
Absolutely, all the customer’s sensitive information is stored on their device and is never sent to the merchant. So even if your website gets compromised,
your customer’s card details will not be vulnerable.
2.1.6 – 05/06/2023
- Updates for WordPress 6.2.2
- Updates for WooCommerce 7.7.2
2.1.5 – 17/11/2022
- Updates for WordPress 6.2
2.1.4 – 27/07/2021
- Updates for WordPress 5.8
2.1.3 – 10/06/2020
- Added a link to Zapper’s Integrations documentation in readme under Installation section
2.1.2 – 18/05/2020
- Fixes: In some cases, customers were redirected to sandbox where they were unable to complete the payment.
2.1.1 – 13/05/2020
- Readme update
2.1.0 – 13/05/2020
- Added Sandbox Mode.
- Added OTP configuration option.
- Fixes: Emailed orders (created by the WP admin) have zero amount and unable to pay.
- Redirects to Zapper’s Ecommerce Gateway which then automatically redirects back to the store on successfuly payment.
- Improved UI.
- Added Zapper Icon.
- Updates for WooCommerce 3.0
- Customers are now redirected to Zapper to make payments.
- This will prevent abandoned carts from being created.
- Fixes: When a user makes a payment and changes the order form, resulting in the QR Code reappearing and order status being lost.
- Checkout page now automatically proceeds once a payment has been successful.
- Fixes: Versioning
- Fixes: UI
- Readme update
- Initial Release