The convenient download manager for WordPress.
An easy-to-use download manager for WordPress, focused on automation.
Example use case: A single file is present in multiple ZIP archives, such as promotional materials. When a change is needed, simply replace the file once, and it will be automatically updated in all existing ZIP archives.
- User-friendly interface
- Time-saving automation
- Reliable performance
- GDPR (DSGVO) compliant: IP address anonymization by default
- Built-in security: direct path to the download file remains hidden
- Integrated help and documentation for all functions
- Download statistics
- Download button
- Download button with icons
- Display information like file size or download count
- Generate file lists
- Embed an audio player
- Embed a video player
- Show MD5 and SHA1 hashes in the frontend
- Option to activate direct URL paths for PDF files
- Centralized file management
- Automatic ZIP archive creation
- PHP 8 compatible
- Ready for internationalization
- Multilingual: English and German
- And more…
- WordPress 4.9+ — latest version 6.2.x
- English – default language
- German – de_DE
In the WordPress plugin directory
Search for “Z-Downloads” in your WordPress plugin directory and install it, then activate it.
Is Z-Downloads free?
Yes! All basic functions are free.
For advanced functions there is Z-Downloads Premium, this includes for example the output of MD5 and SHA1 hash values or unlimited files per ZIP archive.
Who is this plugin for?
Bloggers and website operators who want a easy to use download plugin and offer various downloads.
Is this plugin GDPR (DSGVO) compliant?
Yes, no personal data of visitors is saved. By default, the IP address is anonymized, but this can be changed in the settings.
What language is the plugin in?
Z-Downloads is in English by default and completely translated into German, other languages can easily be added.
- You can find the versions here: Z-Downloads release notes