YouTube Plugins are nothing new but I like to add my own approach to every plugin. This plugin allows the insertion
of a video ID for displaying with a specific post. The video is displayed instantly. This differs from plugins that
may allow a single video to be added using an entire widget – not great use of a widget in my opinion. The YouTube
widget management would become very busy if every widget was THAT basic. So the widgets in YouTube Sidebar will handle
multiple videos and even ads when no videos are available.
If this still is not enough. Try my Video Blogger plugin which allows the display of videos from other streaming
sites and offers other unique approaches to video management.
Main Plugin Links
- Two widgets, only need to use one.
- Display different videos per post.
- Multiple videos per post.
- Display an ad when post has no video.
If you need a tool or an existing plugin customized. Please post it in this plugins forum
and I will do my best to add the service to this plugin in the way you need it.
Translators needed to help localize YouTube Sidebar.
These donators have giving their permission to add their site to this list so that plugin authors can
request their support for their own project. Please do not request donations but instead visit their site,
show interest and tell them about your own plugin – you may get lucky.
Version Numbers and Updating
Explanation of versioning used by myself Ryan Bayne. The versioning scheme I use is called “Semantic Versioning 2.0.0” and more
information about it can be found at http://semver.org/
These are the rules followed to increase the YouTube Sidebar plugin version number. Given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, increment the:
MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes,
MINOR version when you add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner, and
PATCH version when you make backwards-compatible bug fixes.
Additional labels for pre-release and build metadata are available as extensions to the MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH format.
- Method 1: Move folder inside the .zip file into the “wp-content/plugins/” directory if your website is stored locally. Then upload the new plugin folder using your FTP program.
- Method 2: Use your hosting control panels file manager to upload the plugin folder (not the .zip, only the folder inside it) to the “wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Method 3: In your WordPress admin click on Plugins then click on Add New. You can search for your plugin there and perform the installation easily. This method does not apply to premium plugins.
- Can I hire you to customize the plugin for me?
Yes you can pay the plugin author to improve the plugin to suit your needs. Many improvements will be done free so
post your requirements on the plugins forum first. However even a donation goes a long way to getting some priority.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
- Beta released 17th March 2015
When To Update
Browse the changes log and decide if an update is required. There is nothing wrong with skipping version if it does not
help you – look for security related changes or new features that could really benefit you. If you do not see any you may want
to avoid updating. If you decide to apply the new version – do so after you have backedup your entire WordPress installation
(files and data). Files only or data only is not a suitable backup. Every WordPress installation is different and creates a different
environment for WTG Task Manager – possibly an environment that triggers faults with the new version of this software. This is common
in software development and it is why we need to make preparations that allow reversal of major changes to our website.