The Last Modified date is used to tell the readers and search engine bots (Google, Yahoo!, Bing etc.) when webpage is updated lastly. People will know the freshness of that web document, and Web crawlers can also decide, whether there’s any need to save a new copy of that webpage to update their indexes, or not.
You will also be able to add Revised Meta data to your posts and pages through this plugin, but that is completely optional.
Meta Revised Data syntax:
<meta name="revised" content="Sunday, April 21, 2013, 2:59 am" />
- Allows you to display Last modified or revised date information in your posts and pages.
- Provides you with options to display the last modified / last updated date above or below your posts and pages. You can also choose from four different date formats and the position of the timestamp in WordPress Posts and Pages which can be either above or below.
- Allows you to customize the text which is to be displayed alongside the last modified date (i.e. “Last updated on:” in place of “Last modified:”)
- Allows you to add Revised Meta tags to your WordPress posts and pages.
If you find this plugin useful, please provide your feedback by Rating this Plugin and by Voting in Compatibility on WordPress.
Either search “WP Last Modified” in the ‘Add Plugin’ section in your WordPress Admin and install, or follow the below procedure:
wp-last-modified.zipfrom the download link given above.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Will it requires editing code to show Last Modified date?
Not at all. You can show the revised date by just installing this plugin. Use the Plugin Options to customize the date according to your need.
- What is meta ‘revised’ tag?
The “meta revised tag” is used to tell the last modified date & time of a webpage to various web crawlers (Google, Yahoo!, Bing etc.).
- Where the meta revised tag is inserted by the plugin?
The plugin inserts the meta revised tag in the <head> section of your posts and/or pages.
- I don’t want to show revised meta on archive pages (index, category, tags etc.) and Homepage. What should I do?
By default, the plugin is already optimized to show the revised meta tag only on posts and pages, and you can opt-in and out anytime to show the tag in them as well. So, you need not to worry about the Homepage and various WordPress Archive Pages.
- The Date and Time inserted by this plugin is dependent on what?
The plugin make use of your WordPress Date, Time and Time zone (Dashboard > Settings > General). Double check your Date, Time and Time zone before activating this plugin. The idle time for telling the Last Modified time to Search Engines will be UTC.
- Plugin launched