No further security threat, as hacker will not know what WordPress version you are using even if your WordPress installation is outdated.
This plugin is a must have plugin for your website to ensure the security of your website.
You can enable/disable from Settings, enabled by default
- Remove Meta Generator Tag
- Remove Version from Stylesheet
- Remove Version from Script
Installation is very simple as 123
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Thats it, it will hide the WordPress generator meta tag from your wordpress site’s head section
Is this secure to remove WP Generator Meta Tag?
Yes, its secure practice as hackers will not know what version you are using on your current installed wordpress.
I have installed the plugin, whats next?
Just install the plugin and activate it, thats it.