WP Developer Assistant is a WordPress plugin developed by a WordPress developer for WordPress developers.
- Have you ever needed to run a query when you didn’t have access to phpMyAdmin or SSH?
- Don’t you hate it when you need to upload a plugin, theme, or other file and don’t have FTP access?
- Have you ever wondered where that action or filter hook gets called?
- Want to enable errors while hiding them from everyone else?
- Wouldn’t it be great if you could output a full listing of PHP global variable values on each page so debugging would be easier?
- Ever wanted to modify one of those serialized options?
- Would you like to quickly see a full list of defined constants?
It’s thoughts like these that caused me to make this plugin. WP Developer Assistant is the first WordPress plugin of its kind. It essentially is a toolkit that makes life as a WordPress developer easier.
- Customizable enabling of PHP errors that only show for your user.
- Display values of PHP’s built-in global variables (_POST, _REQUEST, _FILE, _ENV, etc) on each page.
- Easily modify Options table values, including serialized data.
- View a full list of all the add_action, do_action, add_filter, and apply_filters function calls complete with information on function names, priorities, number of accepted arguments, source file name, and file line number.
- Quickly execute queries with the Run Query tool.
- Show phpinfo().
- View a comprehensive list of all the defined named constants, their current value, the declared value, the source file name of the definition, and the file line number of the definition.
- Quickly and easily upload files to any place inside your WordPress installation. The uploader will even automatically extract archives to the destination directory.
There are many more features planned for this plugin. For more information about this plugin and its development, visit the WP Developer Assistant Home Page.
- PHP 4+
- WordPress 2.2+
- 1.0.1 – 2008-06-26 – Initial release version
- 1.0.2 – 2008-06-26 – Slight modification that required a new version
- 1.0.3 – 2008-07-01 – Added support for PHP 4
For more information about this plugin and its development, visit the WP Developer Assistant Home Page.
- Download and unzip the latest release zip file
- Upload the entire wp-developer-assistant directory to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click on the Developer link in the main administration navigation to access the tools
There are no reviews for this plugin.