When optimizing a website, Google� Page Speed Insights or GTMetrix.com can display a poor ranking if there are too many redirects for a URL to the landing page.
If a visitor enters http://domainname.com in the browser, the visitor is redirected to httpS://domainname.com and finally lands on httpS://www.domainname.com. This double redirection is punished by numerous search engines.
This plugin examines the redirects and then issues a suggestion for a solution. By simply clicking on it, the plugin makes the necessary settings in the .htaccess file – including backup of the existing file.
The plugin itself is only 4kb in size.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->avoid landing pages redirect screen to configure the plugin
- Does this Plugin any filechanges?
Yes. It changes the .htaccess-file but before doing this it makes a backup.
- Initial release (October 2019)