The Wikipedia Widget shows a Wikipedia search-formular and its search results for the current post or page on your sidebar. On other sites (like category or front-page) it can defined any default search-keywords or other input-field.
The search results were Ajax-based fetched from the Wikipedia-API.
- Define a default search string or get the current post title
- Show or hide the search form or define an alternative search form within the page
- Use cache for the search results for better speed
- Results are clear formatted, with links and pictures
Be free for testing and suggest improvements.
- Check given Wikipedia-URL at backend
- plugin page at a-simeon.de
- improve faq
- Upload the plugin to your
/wp-content/plugins/directory, activate and use as a sidebar-widget.
- Set the Wikipedia URL to your country.
No Questions have been asked yet.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
- remove bug with loading values of alternative input-fields
- WordPress 3.8 compatibilty
- pack widget into one file
- several small code changes
- new loader
- fixed too long transient-names
- add cache for every search result
- remove search trim
- Fixed ajaxurl
- add alternativ search form feature
- add cache for the default search term if used
- test if value changed before search
- several code changes/improvements