Sometimes you just want to get rid of stuff in a theme but you don’t have the skill or capability to edit it’s source code. Maybe because you don’t have access to it, or because you don’t want to risk your modifications being destroyed in future updates.
The Vanish plugin lets you specify CSS-selectors of elements to be hidden in your theme. A style block is inserted in
<head> which hides all matching elements from view. They are still present in the source code, they will just be invisible.
- Upload the plugin directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to
Admin > Appearance > Customizeand enter CSS selectors in the Vanish section to make stuff… vanish
- How do I find the right selector for an element?
Take a look at this blog post for a simple guide to inspecting elements.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
- Added Settings link to plugin activation page
- Composer compability
- Code improvements
- Code cleanup
- Vanish applies to login pages
- Initial release