unfake.it URL shortener Plugin for Twitter Tools works as a WordPress plugin and (hopefully) gets an URL as inbound parameter, shortens it by using unfake.it API and sends back the shortened URL as outbound return string.
You may also save your shortened URLs on facebook using our facebook application. If configured so, your WordPress blog will take you to facebook. Your blog post (including a thumbnailed screenshot of your post) will be displayed on your profile page as well as in your friends newsfeeds.
You need Twitter Tools v1.6 (or above) for this plugin to work!
As of version 1.2, you may choose whether or not to save your shortened blog URLs including a thumbnailed screenshot on facebook.
- go to
Settingssection of your WordPress’ admin menu
unfake.it URL shortener
- press the submit button
yes. No worries, this plugin won’t ask for or store your facebook login information.
2009, 2010, Thomas Gericke
- Download the plugin archive and expand it (you’ve likely already done this).
- Create a folder named
wp-contents/plugins/directory. (This should happen automatically, once you unzipped the archive; just make sure, the location is correct.)
- Put the
tt_unfake_it.phpfile into the
wp-content/plugins/url-shortener-for-twitter-tools/directory. (This should happen automatically, once you unzipped the archive; just make sure, the location is correct.)
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ for ‘unfake.it URL shortener for Twitter Tools’.
- I don’t know where to configure my Twitter account
Your Twitter account ain’t configured for and within this plugin. As mentioned above, you need the plugin Twitter Tools, where your account has to be configured.
- What if I install your plugin and don’t even use Twitter Tools. Will your plugin harm my WordPress blog?
No! Unless you use Twitter Tools, simply nothing will happen.
- Are donations welcome?
Sure. Donations keep me doin’ what I’m doin’. Visit http://www.thomasgericke.de/v4/interactive/blog/projects/wordpress-plugin-for-unfake-it/ to flattr me and send any micropayment. Not required, but appreciated.
- I like this plugin but I don’t want commercials to show up for my shortened URLs. What can I do?
Get in touch with me (the author)! We’ll find a way.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
“unfake.it URL shortener for Twitter Tools” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
- minor correction in API call
- admin page rewritten
- flattr introduced
- begging for donations introduced
- settings page added
- database tables introduced
- facebook integration added