Unified aims to provide standard functionality that almost all sites use or should use, such as page caching, clean responses, custom SMTP and good security.
Our goal is to make the functionality simple, with high performance and low memory footprint, over the cost, which is that it can not support all the same features as the specialized plugins.
But the argument here is that simplicity, high performance, low memory usage and easy setup is more important than frontend users gets served 10ms faster with the bloated specialized plugins.
Having specialized plugins for common functional needs could seem like a good idea, but they are often over-engineered and bloated.
Each plugin often has its own libraries loaded, configurations, files and more to make it work.
So you have to configure them in different places and they may not even work well together.
Also, having many plugins, tend to make to the admin section (/wp-admin) very slow, as it often loads the entire world in all plugins, each of them checking their licenses etc.
What if Unified doesnt support feature X that I need?
Unified does not intend to be the plugin with all functionality, but only the have the basics with high performance.
But we would appreciate your input, if you feel like something is missing. Please contact email@example.com for the details.
As example, if you need another SMTP plugin with a certain feature set, you can just install that and disable it in Unified.
When you disable features in Unified, you really disable it, so that it no longer loads anything.
Our current features:
- Page caching
- Very fast page caching
- WooCommerce support
- SMTP setup
- Configure a custom SMTP server to send your emails through
- Clean up the response generated by WordPress
- Configure security headers to make your site more safe
- Enable header X-Frame-Options
- Enable header X-Content-Type-Options
- Enable header Referrer-Policy
- Enable header Strict-Transport-Security (HSTS)
Plan for Unified
We have great plans for Unified and many features planned already.
Our ultimate vision for Unified, is that our users use Unified as a base plugin on their sites, to cover most of the standard functionality that most sites use.
Here is how you get started:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/unifieddirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Configure the plugin in menu Unified->Configuration
Do you offer support?
Yes we do, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Where can i contact you with new ideas and bugs?
If you have an idea for improving Unified or found a bug in Unified, we would love to hear from you on:
Do you support multisite
Not currently. We have not tested on multisite, so some features will probably work and some might not.
Can I get the non-minified JS files?
Yes, they can be downloaded with url like this for each version:
Example for version 1.0.0:
There are no reviews for this plugin.
“Unified – Setup, Clean, Cache and Secure” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
- First official release
- Such cool, much wow
- Feature: Page caching with PHP Must-Use plugin
- Feature: Custom SMTP support
- Feature: Clean up WordPress output, by disabling all kinds of not-needed output
- Feature: Add security headers, such as “X-Frame-Options”, “X-Content-Type-Options”, “Referrer-Policy”, “Strict-Transport-Security (HSTS)”