This plugin embeds JonDesign’s SmoothGallery into your posts and pages.
It’s this simple:
- upload some pictures to a post/page
- use the shortcode “smoothgallery”
- add a custom field named “smoothgallery” with some options
- watch your gallery 😉
There’re a lot more possibilities with this plugin. Please have a more
detailed look at it and don’t hesitate to leave a
if you’d like to suggest a feature, need help with the plugin or just
want to say how cool this is 😉
This plugin is released under the GPL.
- Unzip the plugin into your wp-content/plugins directory and activate it
- Integrate it into a post or your theme.
- The visual editor replaces div-tags with p-tags
If you’re using the visual editor the div-tags may be replaced with
p-tags. To keep the markup intact you should disable the visual editor
if you’d like to edit a post/page that contains a SmoothGallery.
To do this, go to Users -> Your profile and uncheck “Use the visual
editor when writing”. Once you’ve saved and published the post/page you
can activate the visual editor again – but make sure to disable it again
if you want to change a post that contains a SmoothGallery.
- The SmoothGallery doesn’t show up in Internet Explorer
SmoothGallery doesn’t seem to work with Internet Explorer if you use Prototype on your site.
Read about a solution here.
Basically you’ll have to make sure that you don’t use Prototype and
SmoothGallery on the same site or at least embed the SmoothGallery
inside an iFrame.
- What about integrating it into my theme?
Read about this here.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
- Added a translation for the Ukrainian language (thanks to GetVoIP)
- Bugfix regarding the SmoothGallery link that can be added to individual images in the media library.
- Updated TimThumb (2.8.10 -> 2.8.13)
- Bugfix in the
config.php(thanks to Davide).
- Updated TimThumb to the most recent version (2.8.10) due to security issues with the old variant.
- Added a translation for the Romanian language (thanks to Web Hosting Geeks)
- Fixed minor bug that could occur when one used the
idattribute in the shortcode which pulled images from a certain post and extracted the special SmoothGallery link that one might add to images.
- Removed empty lines at the end of most PHP files which might cause issues resulting in Header already sent messages.
- Updated TimThumb to the most recent version (2.8) due to security issues with the old variant.
- Compatibility with WordPress 2.8. If you don’t use 2.8 yet you don’t have to update the plugin.
- Fixed bug with thumbnails that weren’t generated if the cache directory wasn’t writeable
- Compressed fleche1.png, fleche2.png and open.png
- It’s possible to order the images now (thanks to Jelte Liebrand)
- You can add custom links to the images via the media edit screen. Those are used as links in the gallery.
- Content of the iFrame should be valid XHTML 1.0 Strict now.
- Background color of iFrame can be customized (use “iframebgcolor” in shortcode)
- Automatic scaling of images can be enabled, i.e. carousel finaly works.
- i18n: en, de
- Widget can now use images from a directory
- Recent images box feature has a widget now
- Show your images from Flickr or Picasa
- You can use images from a custom directory now, i.e. you don’t have to upload the images with WordPress but just to your webserver.
- Randomize the order of the images on every pageload with just one switch (use ‘randomize=1’ along with the shortcode).
- Some bugfixes
- Bugfix for images with alternative size, i.e. thumbnails.
- It’s now possible to change the transitions between images.
- Small bugfix (forgot configuration for ReMooz and images)
- Added version 2.1beta1 and ReMooz; activate it in the config.php.
- Bugfix (compatibility with WordPress 2.7)
- Bugfix (finding the thumbnails might not work in some occasions)
- Bugfix (allow_call_time_pass_reference)
- Added a widget that you can use in your sidebar. You can customize them individually and add as many of them as you like.
- Enhanced available attributes indide an iFrame (shortcode)
- Bugfix (utils.php wasn’t included at the right spot)
- Support for SmoothGallery inside an iFrame, i.e. you can have many galleries on a single page. Furthermore you can use scripts like Prototype.js or jQuery that are known to be incompatible with SmoothGallery on your page because they won’t interfere with SmoothGallery any more
- Enhanced support for thumbnails generated with the Media Library
- Introduced a Shortcode (“smoothgallery”) that automatically generates the markup for the gallery
- Recent-images-box now uses a Shortcode too
- You can use every option offered by SmoothGallery in the custom field now (comment)
- With help of the Media Library we don’t have to generate the thumbnails (comment)
- Overall code cleanup
- Successfully tested with WP 2.6.2 (comment)
- It’s possible to specify the color of the border for the gallery.
- The custom configuration resides in a spearate file (“config.php”) now to ease updating.
- A new feature called “recent images box” picks up the images that are attached to the most recent posts and generates a SmoothGallery for you. Read about this here.
- If you attach images to a post/page the markup will be generated for you. Have a look at the “SmoothGallery” box under “Advanced Options” on the edit screen. Check out this video.