*Are you searching for a quick and easy solution to secure your admin page? If that’s the case, the Rename WP Login URL plugin can change the login page URL. It is a very lightweight plugin that allows you to change the login page URL to what you want. It doesn’t modify or rename files in the core, and it doesn’t implement rewrite rules. It works on any WordPress website by collecting page requests. You can bookmark or save the URL since the wp-admin directory and wp-login.php page become unavailable. Your site will return to its previous state when you deactivate the plugin.
= How Can It Secure Your WordPress Website?
Changing the login URL to your WordPress Web site’s admin section can greatly increase the security of your WordPress Website. By default, you visit the admin section of a WordPress website through https://www.your-domain.com/wp-admin. Hackers are aware of it and exploit it as a preliminary step for any attacks. You can change or hide this default link to your login URL if you want to protect yourself from these attacks.
The method is easy and simple to use. You can update your login page’s URL through your dashboard settings by installing a plugin like Rename WP Login URL, and the change will take place immediately.
There are two methods by which you can install the plugin in your site.
Method 1 (Upload via admin panel):
1. Go to WordPress admin then go to Plugins => Add new => Upload
2. Then select the installable zip file.
3. Upload and active the plugin. After that you can rename wp-login.php anytime by going back to Settings > Permalinks > Rename WP Login URL.
Method 2 (Upload via FTP):
1. Upload the plugin folder to your server plugin directory. Do not upload the zip file. It should be directly the folder.
2. After this, go to WordPress admin and go to Plugins => Installed Plugins
3. If the plugin is successfully uploaded then you will find “Rename WP Login URL” here.
4. Active the plugin. After that you can rename wp-login.php anytime by going back to Settings > Permalinks > Rename WP Login URL.
How to install the plugin?
Kindly view the installation tab for the installation process.
Where can I find the plugin support?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no reviews for this plugin.
- Initial release