This plugin allows you to display random content anywhere on your site using a shortcode or widget. You can group your random content together, allowing you to display different content in multiple locations throughout your site.
The content is added via a custom post type, so you have full access to the tinyMCE editor. This allows you to easily add images, text, and links to your random content.
Using a widget
- Navigate to Appearance->Widgets and add the Random Content widget to a sidebar.
- Select a group from the dropdown. If you don’t create a group, the widget will use all entries.
Using a shortcode
Place the shortcode
[random_content] anywhere on a post or page.
To choose entries from a specific group, add the
group_id parameter. For example,
To specify the number of posts to show, add the
num_posts parameter. For example,
[random_content group_id="13" num_posts="3"].
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create an entry in the Random Content post type.
- Categorize your content using Groups.
Only content within the content editor will be displayed.
Can I group certain entries together?
Yes. Create a group, and assign specific entries to the group. It works just like categories.
How do I find the group id?
Click on Random Content > Group in the WordPress admin. Look for the number in the ID column.
How do I display more than one post?
In the shortcode, use the num_posts parameter. In the widget, enter a number in the “Number of Posts to Show at Once” input.
“Random Content” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
- Add support for block editor
- Update widget settings
- Update tested to version
- Fix shortcode output so that multiple posts will display
- Add rc_content filter for extending the plugin output in both the shortcode and the widget
- Add content filter to widget output to allow for oembed support
- Add localization files for translation support
- Add num_posts parameter to old version of shortcode for backwards compatibility
- Update shortcode to [random_content] to help prevent conflicts with other plugins
- Added a num_posts paramenter to the shortcode so that more than one post can show at a time
- Added the ability to not choose a group in a widget, even if a group exists
- Added the ability to control the number of posts that show in the widget
- Rebuilt the plugin using OOP principles based on the WordPress plugin boilerplate
- Added plugin banner graphic
- Updated screenshot image
- Update input text syntax in widget
- Add shortcode functionality.
- Reset post data after widget query.
- First released into the wild.