Print-O-Matic adds the ability to print any post, page or page element by using a simple [print-me] shortcode. A complete listing of shortcode options are available, as well as free community support.
- Old-school: upload the
print-o-maticfolder to the
/wp-content/plug-ins/directory via FTP. Hipster: Ironically add Print-O-Matic via the WordPress Plug-ins menu.
- Activate the Plug-in
- Add a the shortcode to your post like so:
[print-me target="div#id_of_element_to_print" title="Print Form"]
- Test that the this plug-in meets your demanding needs.
- Tweak the CSS to match your flavor.
- Rate the plug-in and verify if it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request, cocktail recipes at https://wordpress.org/support/topic-tag/print-o-matic/
Where can I fork this plugin and contribute changes?
Yes, yes… Twinpictures is on Facebook.
Does Twinpictures do the Twitter?
Ah yes! @Twinpictures does the twitter tweeting around here.
How does one use the shortcode, exactly?
A complete listing of shortcode options has been provided to answer this exact question.
Where can I translate this plugin into my favorite language?
Use the Community translation for Print-O-Matic at WordPress
Who likes to rock the party?
We like to rock the party.
We have a really messed up website but the support has really taken care of it so well that i can really only say many many thanks!! Whoever uses this plugin can't really make any mistakes. 120% thumbs up!
The plugin works like described. It is simple to use, and also comes with comprehensive documentation which covers most all cases.The support is quick and very assistive. They have helped us resolve every issue we've had. Often they reply as fast as if we were in a private chat instead of a public forum. Excellent staff, and stuff! Thanks.
Literally just works. Client requested that only a specific part of the page be printed. By making a certain section an "article" HTML Tag and making it so that the Print button makes it so it only prints the "article" HTTML Tag section it makes it so the print preview only shows the section I want, and like the client requested, have it only print 1 single page.
Great plugin: works well, simple, well documented and easy to customize.
I needed a plugin to print a table from a WordPress/Divi page. After installing Print-O-Matic the complete page content was printed. After I found some great examples how to use the plugin (thanks to spacedonkey.de) i was able to do exactly what i wanted to do. Thanks so much for this great plugin.
I have tried and paid for about 3 print PDF plugins that are advertised to print anything on WordPress. But these failed to meet my needs of printing hundreds of pages with full diagrams and latex mathematics equations. This plugin does this with full customization of layout, spacing, and so much more. The team noticed that lazy loading images did not properly print out all the images in a lesson post. Having the premium print-pro-matic, the team developed a new feature specially designed to resolve this issue! So now a new toggle feature "disable lazy load" is simply clicked and et voila all images are properly shown! What really surprised me is the amazing customer support. It felt like I had a teammate guiding me through the entire customization process to generate a final PDF output perfectly suiting the needs of my students. The premium version is so worth it if you need that one-on-one guidance especially if this is all new to you. THIS IS THE BEST WORDPRESS PLUGIN RELATED CUSTOMER SUPPORT I HAVE EVER RECIEVED! Thank you, Baden and the rest, of the twinpictures team.
- removed pause before print
- fixed issue of not printing correctly in safari
- now escapes only the title attribute value, not the entire attribute string
- security update. Now the plugin is escaping all shortcode attributes before output.
- re-added method of passing default and print-trigger specific data to js script using wp_add_inline_script
- added a bit of pause to allow for top and bot html to fully load
- pause before print now is for adjustingg the amount of time to let the print preview render before reverting back to display layout
- pause before print is now pause time to allow the browser to render the print-preview before resetting back to display layout
- reverted back to wp_localize_script to pass print data to js script
- moved pause before print to the post print cleanup
- fully tested with version 6.0
- try and force lazy load images to load before print
- improved method of passing default and print-trigger specific data to js script using wp_add_inline_script
- added line numbers back to CodeMirror, with admin css
- custom html settings in the plugin options also use CodeMirror
- no longer escaping print css before being passed to wp_add_inline_style
- removed line numbers from CodeMirror elements
- fixed issue with only first element being printed
- added back code to printomat.js
- prevent default on print triggers
- rolled back tested tag to 5.8.1 as only RC1 versions are apparently accepted
- more escaping for security
- tightened up the code a bit
- custom css sections of plugin options page now use CodeMirror
- improved method of adding custom css using wp_add_inline_style
- updated link to documentation
- textarea input fields now escaped using esc_textarea() on plugin options page
- targets are validated before print
- field values in the plugin options page are now escaped using esc_attr()
- added ability to define print target by class
- patched xss security issue
- complete re-write using new print-elements method by @szepeshazi
- fully tested with WordPress 5.8.1
- Fully tested with WordPress 5.2.1
- print window opens in new tab
- uses wp_localize to pass variables to script
- added option to include print-me scripts in admin dashboard
- added reviver.lt’s Edge fix
- Fully tested with WordPress 5.1
- Fixed typos
- Fully tested with WordPress 4.9.1
- Added default print title
- IE bug fix: select elements now print selected values
- Fully tested with WordPress 4.8
- Safari on iOS will now rendering print preview correctly when close after print is used
- fixed link to twinpictures author website
- tested with WordPress 4.7.3
- replaced http links with https
- top and bottom print page html now use do_shortcode instead of the_content filter to avoid conflicts with social sharing plugins
- fixed error of extra character in the title tag.
- added missing alt tag
- fully tested with WordPress 4.6
- added missing alt tag
- reworked script to build new window more efficiently
- working (not fully resolved) on Edge. Some issues will are related to a bug in Edge.
- top and bottom html will process shortcakes
- work around to clone IE element values that don’t have ID attributes… ugh
- added option to close the print window after print dialogue box is closed
- work around IE syntax errors when NO form elements are present… double ugh
- added IE hack to fill in missing input text values for IE browsers.
- checks for older IE MSIE, IE 11 Trident & IE 12 Edge properly
- checks for IE (MSIE, Trident & Edge)
- plugin fully tested with WordPress 4.5
- added external printstyle for external triggers
- print window no longer auto-closes
- removed language files in favour of WordPress Language Packs
- plugin fully tested with WordPress 4.4.0
- adjusted method of determining if the print_data object exists and has property
- adjusted the language domain to work with WordPress’ new language translation system
- addressed move lovely IE issues
- mega hack-o-riffic workaround for IE input text elements loosing user input values
- fixed bug with title not passing target correctly when displaying both icon and title
- fixed issue with printstyle default value not saving
- deactivating plugin no longer clears all settings
- corrected typo in printstyle attribute
- added tag and class attributes
- target now passed using data attribute rather than hidden input field
- added pause_before_print attribute and option to manually pause the print dialogue box to let the page fully load.
- typo correction
- replaced redundant inline scripts with smarter print_data js object placed in footer
- added icons for WordPress 4.0
- Added some Internet Explorer workarounds
- Added optional jQuery clone.fix to address issues with cloning textarea elements
- Added %prev% and %next% target placeholders to print elements immediately preceding or following the print button
- Added 3 second delay if iframe is detected in print page
- Added Russian language translation
- load scripts option now defaults to always
- improvements for roll-your-own print-o-matic elements
- added german and hungarian translations
- works also in IE 11
- print command now waits for page to fully load
- added option to load scrips only on pages where shortcode is used
- fixed bug with do_not_print
- added alt attribute
- works again in horrid IE browsers
- added the do_not_print attribute
- added print page top and bottom HTML section (special thanks to Daniel Kevin Johansen @ 555Haxor.dk & Game-Site.dk email@example.com)
- added option to select alternate print icons
- can now show icon, text and icon & text print button
- form values now include radio and checkbox selections
- removed php4 constructors
- added I18n localization support
- fixed printicon attribute bug in shortcode
- added custom css for display page as well as print page
- target may now use %ID% as a placeholder for the post ID
- Fixed so the print dialog box will display in IE (buggy, buggy IE)
- Added Printicon Attribute to insert text-only print link
- Added Options page with default target attribute and css style settings
- Removed space from title of new window to prevent the wonderful IE8 from throwing errors.
- The plug-in was forked and completely rewritten from Print Button Shortcode by MyWebsiteAdvisor.