The Pressbox plugin adds a new tab to the Media Upload screen that allows you to insert images and files from Dropbox into your posts.
Additionally, the plugin provides a new shortcode that lets you add links or display images anywhere you want on your blog.
This plugin is under heavy development so please feel free to send me feedback, bug reports, and feature requests!
This plugin bears a great debt to the work of Joe Doleson’s Wp To Twitter plugin for his excellent example of OAuth integration with WordPress.
- Upload the
pressboxfolder to your
- Activate the plugin using the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Go to Settings > Pressbox
- Adjust the Pressbox Options as you prefer them.
- Supply your DropBox Key and Secret, the settings page has detailed instructions on how to get these.
- Start using Pressbox!
- I can’t connect to DropBox using OAuth. What’s wrong?
Common problems are you don’t have cURL support or that your server time is incorrect. Check with your host to verify these possibilities.
- Do I have to have a DropBox account to use this plugin?
Yes, you need an account with DropBox to use this plugin.
- What if my server doesn’t support the methods you use to contact these other sites?
There is not much to be done about this except ask your provider to update. The plugin will check for requirements on activation and let you know if something is missing.
There are no reviews for this plugin.