Tiles Proxy for OpenStreetMap provides a basic proxy, which allows other OpenStreetMap plugins to load map tiles from your server instead from OpenStreetMap servers.
Known to work with these plugins
- Beware: Depending on your map and the tiles you need, a lot of storage is needed.
- Might be slower than official servers (depends on your server)
- First requests might be slow as map tiles are cached on request
You can use filters to get the URLs from the plugin:
$proxy_cached_url = apply_filters( 'osm_tiles_proxy_get_proxy_url', $proxy_cached_url ); $proxy_rest_api_url = apply_filters( 'osm_tiles_proxy_get_proxy_rest_url', $proxy_rest_api_url ); $leadlet_js_url = apply_filters( 'osm_tiles_proxy_get_leaflet_js_url', $leadlet_js_url ); $leadlet_css_url = apply_filters( 'osm_tiles_proxy_get_leaflet_css_url', $leadlet_css_url );
To disable cache invalidation when WP Rocket or WP Fastest Cache invalidate their cache, you can set the following constant in your
define( 'OSM_PROXY_DISABLE_CLEAR_CACHE', true );
Does this work with every plugin?
The plugin must support changing the OpenStreetMap tile server.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
- Added filters to get URLs for Leaflet and Proxy #5
- Added constant
OSM_PROXY_DISABLE_CLEAR_CACHEto disable cache invalidation (for WP Rocket and WP Fastest Cache)
- Fixed wrong redirect to placeholder on every 404
- Updated Leaflet.js to 1.6.0
- Added a new Customizer panel, which allows you to define some restrictions for downloaded tiles
- Require PHP 7.2+, we urge everyone keep PHP updated and will stick to official end of security updates for PHP
- Downloaded tiles will be cleared, when “entire cache” is cleared in WP Rocket
- Downloaded tiles will be cleared, when cache is cleared in WP Fastest Cache
- Updated leaflet.js to 1.3.4
- Fix: Use WP_CONTENT_DIR instead of wp_upload_dir()
- Public release in WordPress repo
- Disabled REST API by default
- Added local caching of tiles
- Added a list of URLs to the plugin overview
- First release