Specify the default image format used for sub-sized images generated by WordPress.
- Requires PHP 5.6+.
- Requires WordPress 5.8+.
- Issues and Pull requests welcome on the GitHub repository: https://github.com/adamsilverstein/wordpress-modern-images.
- Install the plugin via the plugin installer, either by searching for it or uploading a .zip file.
- Activate the plugin.
- Select an output image format under Settings->Media.
work fine and simple of usage, it's a shame for not AVIF compression..
I am very glad that I can keep the countless image sizes that WordPress itself and all the various plugins that I'm using require more efficiently stored on my server and delivered faster to my visitors. This plugin works great and this functionality should be built into the WordPress core!
First, it works but. i sell photo's. and clients can download a small image for free with my logo in it. (jpg). now there is no logo, and all photos on my site are full size and free off charge to download. i did disable the plugin and its back to normal. No idea where to look for it where it go's wrong
- Correct support for AVIF & JPEGXL with
wp-envsupport. To test the plugin with
wp-envwhich currently supports AVIF, use
npm install -g @wordpress/env && wp-env start.
- Tested up to 6.1.
- Check correct image engine for mime type format support when multiple engines are available.
- Initial plugin release