Force Secure Sitehelps you redirect unsecure HTTP traffic to secure HTTPS one without the need to touch any code. Just activate Force SSL and everything will be configured for you. The entire site will move to HTTPS using your SSL certificate.
To keep things fast & simple Force Secure Siteis very lightweight – there are only two settings.
Access options via main Force Secure Site Settings menu – Force SSL.
Three fast steps to get you started:
- Get an SSL certificate (yea, you need one, sorry).
- Activate Force Secure Site .
- Test certificate & you’re done!
SSL certificate testing tool
Force Secure Sitecomes with an SSL certificate testing tool. Simply click “Test SSL certificate” and it’ll test if the certificate is valid, properly installed, up-to date, and generally in good shape to be used on your site.
Force Secure Site Settings
- Force SSL – automatically redirect all traffic from HTTP to HTTPS
- OFF HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) – HSTS is a web security policy mechanism that helps to protect your site against protocol downgrade attacks and cookie hijacking. It allows web servers to declare that web browsers should interact with it using only HTTPS connections. It adds additional security to your site.
We’re here for you! Things get frustrating when they don’t work so make sure you open a support topic in the official Force SSL forum. We answer all questions within a few hours!
Wanna say “thank you”?
Force Secure Siteis 100% free so the best way to say “thank you” is to leave a review. Reviews are what keeps the plugin going. Thank you!
- Open Plugins – Add New in WP admin and search for “Force Secure Site “
- Install and activate the plugin
- Plugin settings will open automatically (you can also access them via Force Secure Site Settings – Force SSL)
- Test you SSL certificate using our tool
- Make sure WP Address and Site Address in Force Secure Site Settings – General have an “https” prefix
- Who can use Force SSL Site ?
For anyone who has an SSL certificate installed on their site and wants to be sure all content is accessed (and redirected if needed) via a secure connection.
- Do I need an SSL certificate for this to work?
Yes, you do need an SSL certificate regardless of the plugin you’re using. If you don’t have one try switching to a quality hosting provider that provides and installs free certificates.
- Where and how can I get an SSL certificate?
You can buy an SSL certificate but we recommend getting one for free from Let’s Encrypt. The easiest way to get a free SSL certificate is to use a good hosting provider that will automatically get an SSL certificate for you and install it. There’s nothing to configure, it’s just one click – they do everything for you.
- After activating Force Secure Siteplugin, do I need to do anything else?
No, nothing. After activating Force Secure Site , the main option “redirect SSL” will already be active. What you can do is use our tool to test your SSL certificate, to make sure it works properly.