Filerobot stores, enrich, normalizes, resizes, optimizes and distributes your images rocket fast around the world.
It is aimed at being a Single Source of Truth for all your Digital Assets (images, videos, but also any other file type), allowing for seamless collaboration across platforms via the Asset Hub and through a lively ecosystem of plugins and connectors.
Don’t bother with image editors and CDN setup anymore, Filerobot takes care of it all.
No development needed. Simply setup your account, activate the plugin and enjoy.
To start connecting to your images’ library, request the creation of an account at Scaleflex.com to obtain a Filerobot token.
Regardless of the Filerobot flavor you chose, our base Plans give you 100GB Cloud Storage | 1TB CDN Traffic | 1TB Cache | 5 Tenants.
They are described there: Filerobot Plans
How does it work?
The Filerobot plugin will intercept your image(s) addition request and offer the Filerobot’s stored assets instead of your server’s gallery, therefore replacing the locally loaded images with Filerobot native URLs. Your origin images will be from your Filerobot storage, resized by the Filerobot infrastructure and cached by the included CDN. NO development needed.
If you have suggestions for new features, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Search and install the plugin through the Install Plugins page of your WordPress dashboard.
- If not already done, request/Create an account on Filerobot website.
- Activate the Filerobot plugin through the Plugins page of your WordPress dashboard by entering your Filerobot token.
Question 1: Why are my images not going through Filerobot?
Check if you have a Cache service like W3 Total Cache / WP Super Cache / …
In this case, you need to reload the cache to enable the transformation of your URL.
If the problem persist please contact us at: email@example.com
Question 2: How much does Filerobot cost?
Filerobot is a SaaS that doesn’t have a free tier. Depending on your needs, a Sales Representative can present you the best match in terms of plans and options. You can request a quote there.
Question 3: Will my original images be affected?
Filerobot downloads your images on-the-fly and modifies the links in the WordPress database to call your Filerobot container.
Your origin images are therefore kept on your WordPress server, and synchronised (uploaded) in your Filerobot container.
Moreover, you can use the integrated Filerobot Image Editor to modify your image and create additional versions (only modified in your Filerobot container).
Question 4: What happen if I deactivate Filerobot WP plugin?
Your WordPress website will be back as it was before the activation of Filerobot WP Plugin. We do not apply permanent changes to your WordPress.
However, be aware that any meda added to your pages after the activation of Filerobot will NOT be available anymore.
We strongly suggest to backup your WordPress before deactivating Filerobot.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
- First version of Filerobot WP plugin
- Bulk upload functionality;
- WordPress guidelines for using build-in methods;
- Bug fixes in paths for media files;
- Design improvements
- Add hook for clear URL-s on deactivation
- Add admin messages if working on localhost
- Add admin message if token is not inserted
- Implement function to check if file exist in Filerobot storage
- Added lazy loading additional checkbox
- Plugin admin improvement
- Bug fix in validator
- Update images and assets
- Fix versioning of same file issues
- Save low quality backup of main image, even if “Store only in cloud” is turned on
- Plugin deactivation flow improvement
- Sync options
- Redesigned the settings interface
- Redesigned instructions, documentation and support options
- Changed auth method from API Key to Security templates
- Added Filerobot Image Editor
- Added option to replace the media library by FMAW (Filerobot Media Asset Widget)
- Added Woocommerce support
- Added log tab
- Correct some language strings
- FMAW, WooCommerce, Add product image and add to product image gallery
- fix remaining FMAW bugs and imperfections
- make FMAW work well with Gutenberg Editor – part 1
- make FMAW more intuitive/user-friendly and misc FMAW improvements
- for internal testing and demo only
- plugin in a 1/2 presentable way. Gutenberg feature image with FMAW still have issues
- fmaw ‘add variant’ hidden
- fmaw gutenberg – insert multiple images in successive blocks
- fmaw gutenberg – js code refactored. calling SecTemp SASS less often
- fixed fmaw-loading-bug when fmaw-only is unchecked
- fmaw gutenberg – make feature image work
- fmaw/media library – make default wp insert/select-image button appear only in wp default media library but never in fmaw
- fmaw gutenberg – temporarily hide more fancy functionalities
- improved appearances
- minor code improvements and Gutenberg basics checked
- Sync down: FR meta -> WP meta, FR tags -> WP alt, FR comments -> WP contents
- improve “test connection” button
- improve “sync status” button
- improvements after 4 May 2022 internal test
- Edit a language string. Start development on Elementor-FMAW
- Fix an upload bug in Gutenberg block image
- Undo all language string. All English now.
- Remove all ?vh=blahblah in image URLs. Made this Filerobot plugin work better with Gutenberg editor (most notibly: Gutenberg Gallery Block)
- Made this Filerobot plugin work better with Gutenberg editor (most notibly: The image size and resize issue in Gutenberg post content)
- Preliminary finish on ACF-Basic with FMAW and Elementor (Non-Pro) with FMAW
- Preliminary finish (Overall)
- Added meta synchronization switch to limit transfer of meta from Filerobot to WordPress DB (eg. tags)
- Tested on WP version 6.1, fixed issue not found “nonce” when change feature image
- Fixed error select image in another directory and support plugin ACF PRO
- Tested up to 6.1.1
- Upgrade Filerobot Widget to latest v3 and tested up to 6.2.2
- Update Filerobot Widget library