This plugin allows you to easily switch from Feedburner to the FREE (on the basic plan) and better Feedburner alternative follow.it.
Read more why follow.it is the better Feedburner alternative.
The plugin is very easy to use:
- Step 1: Download, install & activate it
- Step 2: Click on “Apply redirect” for all feeds you want to redirect (most likely your main feed, as well as some comments & author feeds you may have)
- Step 3: Connect it to a follow.it account to get access to your subscribers, see statistics etc. (see screenshots)
Once the redirect is active, your RSS-url will redirect to your new feed page where users can subscribe to your feed.
If you had former Feedburner subscribers, follow the steps as prompted in the plugin to move them over to your new feed (RSS as well as Email subscribers).
If something is not working in the Feedburner alternative plugin, please post a question in the support forum. Thank you!
Extract the zip file and drop the contents into the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation. Then activate the plugin from the plugins page.
Then go to plugin settings page and click on “Apply redirect” for all feeds you want to redirect.
- Fixed SQL issue (thanks to @nosegraze)
- Tested up to WP 5.8.1
- Tested up to PHP 8
- Fixed connection with follow.it
- Fixed some typos in the URLs
- Added live support chat
- Compatiblity with WordPress(Latest)
- Compatiblity with PHP-8.0
- Updated some internal URLs
- Conflict resolved.
- Bug fixed.
- Implemented automatic updating
- Updated changes follow.it
- Updated for follow.it
- Updated feedback solution.
- Added scroll to instructions.
- Integrated feedback solution.
- solved conflict with sso plugins.
- Security patches
- Menu icon designed less annoying now
- Redirect didn’t always work, fixed now
- More explanation text added
- Claiming process simplified
- Claiming process optimized
- Occasionally it took the Feedburner feed as underlying feed, this is fixed now
- Fast clicking on several redirect icons caused several feeds to get set up, this is fixed now
- Important bug fixed
- Upgraded to latest standards
- First release