By default, the original Random Number Generator plugin short code works within widgets, posts, and pages. We have extended the core capability of the plugin so that it also works within text/html fields, such as those used for advertising purposes.
One primary use: It can be used to defeat browser caching by inserting a random number. The most common implementation of this is within Google DoubleClick ads where they require an ‘ord=’ within the script to ensure that ad creative is not cached by the browers.
Use Example 1:
Use Example 2:
input: [random-number from=”2″ to=”72″ format=”%b”]%d minutes[/random-number]
output: an integer value between 2 & 72 followed by the word ‘minutes’
- All languages supported based on orginal Random Number Generator plugin
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload folders and files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
[random-number]in a post (if you haven’t changed the tag caption in the options)
Does it work with WordPress MU?
Which languages are included when I install the plugin?
- Added support for random number generation in scripts
- Extended capability to work within text/html fields outside of posts and pages
- First release
- Plugin started/forked from version 1.3.2 of Original Random Number Generator plugin