Excerpt Editor provides a convenient place for creating and editing all excerpts. It can also add custom excerpts for pages (not possible without a plugin). Features: auto-creating excerpts when publishing new Posts and Pages, displaying customisable excerpts from the content for posts without an excerpt, appending excerpts from the latest posts to each Post or from the sub-pages to each Page, replacing the content for all archive and tags pages with excerpts (eliminates content duplication for SEO).
The excerpts can be used in the RSS feed, displayed on the Home or Archive pages and/or used for meta descriptions. The excerpts can be in any language supported by WordPress and the plugin contains .pot file to facilitate translations.
Standard WordPress quick and easy installation.
- Upload the excerpt-editor folder to the plugins directory.
- Log in WordPress and activate the plugin.
- Go to “Manage – Excerpt Editor” to use it.
- Log in WordPress and deactivate the plugin.
- Delete the old version and upload the new version to the plugins directory.
- Does this plugin work on WordPress version…
Excerpt Editor has been tested on WordPress 2.5 and 2.6
- I have … plugin installed that uses the excerpt, will there be any conflicts/incompatibilities?
No conflicts/incompatibilities have been reported so far.
- How do I use the excerpts and how do I display excerpts for Pages?
The use/display of excerpts depends on your theme – more Information. You can replace the full posts with excerpts (either real or auto-generated) by setting the “Replace Posts” options in the plugin.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
“Excerpt Editor” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
- Fixed creating excerpts for the RSS feed
- Other minor bugfixes.
- Updated for WordPress 2.7
- Allowed HTML tags can be entered in the settings manually
- Replaced the textarea resize script
- Other minor bugfixes
- Updated for WordPress 2.6
- Renders (or hides) all registered shortcodes properly when auto-creating excerpts
- Does not append the “Continue reading” link at the end if the post is shorter than the specified excerpt lenght.
- Updated for WordPress 2.5
- Removed auto-creation of excerpts on saving or editing.
- Added option to replace the content with the excerpt on the Home page, all archive pages and/or all tags pages. This eliminates content duplication (SEO).
- Added option to append excerpts to Posts and Pages.
- Fixed: when editing Pages, WordPress would delete the custom excerpts.
- New option: if Read More link is used, it can contain comments count.
- New option: display the Excerpt box when writing/editing Pages.
- Fixed: properly append the “Read More” link when auto-generating excerpts.
- Now using nonce fields when deleting or saving excerpts.
- The code is organized in a class for better compatibility.
- Fixed: properly remove script, [CDATA and html comments when auto-creating excerpts.
- New: auto-create excerpts when publishing new Posts and Pages (WordPress 2.1+ only) optionally keeping some HTML tags.