Device Detector is a full featured analytics reporting and management tool that detects all devices accessing your WordPress site.
🎁 Give this plugin a drive test on a free dummy site: One-Click Test!
For each call made to your site, Device Detector analyzes the sent header, detects the device doing the call (and its characteristics) and can:
- modify the
is_mobile()WordPress core function to be more precise and reliable;
- add some CSS classes to the
bodytag of your site (many classes to choose from);
- let you use the result of the detection in your own developments;
- record detected characteristics for reporting.
Device Detector can report the following main items and characteristics:
- KPIs: number of hits, class breakdown, clients types and engines;
- Classes: Bot, Desktop, Mobile and Other;
- Devices types: Camera, Car Browser, Console, Feature Phone, Phablet, Portable Media Player, Smart Display, Smartphone, Tablet, TV;
- Client types: Application Library, Browser, Feed Reader, Media Player, Mobile Application, PIM.
- Technical characteristics and versions of all browsers;
- Device identification: brand, model, etc.;
- OS identification: name, version, etc.;
- Calling channel: site backend, site frontend, cron job, Ajax request, XML-RPC request, Rest API request, Atom/RDF/RSS feed;
For a full list of items, characteristics and supported devices, please see the ‘devices’ tab in the plugin settings.
Device Detector supports multisite report delegation and per site configuration (see FAQ).
Device Detector supports an extensive set of WP-CLI commands to:
- get a device detail: see
wp help device describefor details;
- display Device Detector status: see
wp help device statusfor details;
- toggle on/off main settings: see
wp help device settingsfor details;
- describe engine capacities: see
wp help device enginefor details;
- display devices statistics: see
wp help device analyticsfor details.
For a full help on WP-CLI commands in Device Detector, please read this guide.
Device Detector is part of PerfOps One, a suite of free and open source WordPress plugins dedicated to observability and operations performance.
Based on the amazing Matomo UDD, Device Detector is a free and open source plugin for WordPress. It integrates many other free and open source works (as-is or modified). Please, see ‘about’ tab in the plugin settings to see the details.
If you’re a plugins / themes developer and want to take advantage of the detection features of Device Detector, visit the GitHub repository of the plugin to learn how to use it.
This plugin is free and provided without warranty of any kind. Use it at your own risk, I’m not responsible for any improper use of this plugin, nor for any damage it might cause to your site. Always backup all your data before installing a new plugin.
Anyway, I’ll be glad to help you if you encounter issues when using this plugin. Just use the support section of this plugin page.
This plugin, as any piece of software, is neither compliant nor non-compliant with privacy laws and regulations. It is your responsibility to use it – by activating the corresponding options or services – with respect for the personal data of your users and applicable laws.
This plugin doesn’t set any cookie in the user’s browser.
This plugin may handle personally identifiable information (PII). If the GDPR or CCPA or similar regulation applies to your case, you must adapt your processes (consent management, security measure, treatment register, etc.).
If you like this plugin or find it useful and want to thank me for the work done, please consider making a donation to La Quadrature Du Net or the Electronic Frontier Foundation which are advocacy groups defending the rights and freedoms of citizens on the Internet. By supporting them, you help the daily actions they perform to defend our fundamental freedoms!
From your WordPress dashboard
- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘Device Detector’.
- Click on the ‘Install Now’ button.
- Activate Device Detector.
- Download Device Detector.
- Upload the
device-detectordirectory to your
/wp-content/plugins/directory, using your favorite method (ftp, sftp, scp, etc…).
- Activate Device Detector from your Plugins page.
- Visit ‘PerfOps One > Control Center > Device Detector’ in the left-hand menu of your WP Admin to adjust settings.
What are the requirements for this plugin to work?
You need at least WordPress 5.2 and PHP 7.2.
Can this plugin work on multisite?
Yes. It is designed to work on multisite too. Network Admins can configure the plugin and have access to all analytics. Sites Admins have access to the analytics of their site(s) and can configure options for their own site(s).
Where can I get support?
Support is provided via the official WordPress page.
Where can I find documentation?
Developer’s documentation can be found in the GitHub repository of the plugin.
Where can I report a bug?
You can report bugs and suggest ideas via the GitHub issue tracker of the plugin.
“Device Detector” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
Please, see full changelog.