Polylang is a fantastic plugin to make WordPress multilingual. The Polylang extension enables you to detect the preferred language according on the country.
If your website contains 2 different locales with the same language (e.g. de_DE for German/German and de_AT for German/Austria) then Polylang automatically sets the language according to the browser settings.
Austrian website visitors who have set their operating system / browser to Germany (e.g. the Devices was buyed in Germany) will always be redirected to de_DE.
This Plugin detects the preferred language according on the visitors country and will set the language correct to de_AT.
Please notice that the IP API is only for non-commercial use allowed.
- Polylang Pro by WP SYNTEX – Polylang allows you to create a bilingual or multilingual WordPress site.
- Install the required Polylang Plugin available at https://polylang.pro
- Upload ‘pll-country-detection’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Enable the “Detect browser language” option in “Languages > Settings”
How does the country detection works?
The plugin detects the country with the IP Geolocation API (https://ip-api.com/).
If no available language by country is found, the language of the browser is preferred. (https://polylang.pro/doc/detect-the-browser-preferred-language/)
I found a bug, what shall I do?
If you have found a bug in my plugin, please send me an email with a short description.
I will fix the bug as soon as possible.
You like my plugin and you’d like to support me?
Thank you very much!
In case you want to show how much you appreciate my work, I’d be very grateful if you could give me positive rating with WordPress-Page and/or donate a small amount to me.
“Polylang – Country Detection” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
- Fix – Check if the class Polylang_Country_Detection already exists
- Feature – Anonymize the IP addresses from the client
- Dev – Changed the geolocation API from ip-api.com to iplocate.io
- Dev – Check compatibility with latest Polylang and WordPress Version
- Fix – Filter all non active languages
- Translation functionality added
- Fix – Lanaguage variable return issue
- Initial Release
- Check compatibility with latest Polylang and WordPress Version