Do you work with GIT repositories and develop WordPress websites locally? Have you found it time consuming and difficult to develop locally on a large WordPress website that has thousands of images? Does your development site get out of date within months due to active content management on the live site?
Activate this plugin on your local or development environment, and any linked images in the database content (wp-content/uploads folder) will be pulled from the live site URL.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/coral-remote-imagesdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- The plugin didn’t recognize the live URL
Yea, it might not. When we at Big Sea build websites locally, we tend to import the live database, and modify the URL for our local installs via PHP constants. If you do not do that, and modify the database, you can tell Coral Remote Images what the live URL is by setting:
Add this in your wp-config.php or theme’s functions.php … this is the location of your WordPress install, not your site’s root (if it varies)
“Coral – Remote Images” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
將 Coral – Remote Images 外掛本地化為台灣繁體中文版。
- Added a settings page under ‘Settings’ called ‘Remote Images’. This allows you to set the live url via the database. Will only be overridden by the BSD_CORAL_LIVE_URL PHP constant.
- [Fix] Discovered that we weren’t compensating for SSL redirection. URLs to change to weren’t properly being determined.
- [Fix] Noticed during wp-cli activate that WP_SITEURL isn’t set during the time that it’s being utilized. Changed the location that it gets used, and swapped out some conditionals accordingly.
- Initial Release