An easy way to protect the RSS feed from the theft is possible with this WordPress plugin. You are able to customise the copyright message you will add at the bottom of your feed articles.
The copyright message will also be added for your ATOM feed.
Why this plugin is useful?
Adding a copyright at the end of your feed posts as the following advantages:
- Improve the SEO: if a website aggregate your feed, you will earn at least one more backlink to your content. It will be a contextualised deep link with an optimized anchor text
- Avoid automated content scrapping: some splogs may steals your content. Using a copyright may avoid content thefts
- Avoid duplicate content: make sure that Google will know you are the real author of the content
- Easy to use. Install it and that’s it
- Personnalize your copyright. You can edit the default copyright and write your own message
- You can use HTML on the copyright message. Such as adding a link to the original post
- Works for RSS feed and ATOM feed
- Multi languages : English, French (from : France, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland and Luxembourg)
Want a WordPress developper? Want to add a translation? Feel free to contact me.
How to uninstall WP Sitemap Page
To uninstall “Copyright Footer RSS”, you juste have to go to the plugins page and de-activate the plugin.
- Unzip the plugin and upload the “copyright-footer-rss” folder to your “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” administration page in WordPress
- That’s it. Now, your RSS feed is protected
- If you want your own copyright message, feel free to edit it using the page in “settings” -> “Copyright Footer RSS”
- Will it avoid my post to be steal ?
No. The plugin will just add a copyright message on your RSS/ATOM feed. Malicious people can still copy/paste your post and scrap your RSS feed.
However, a splog (spam-blog) that copy your posts using your feed will normally automatically copy the copyright message too.
- Can I know who steals my content ?
Yes, it is possible. Add a specific message, like an unknown words in your copyright message. Then, wait few weeks and search this word in a popular search engine like Google. All websites using this unknown word may be scapping your content.
- A website stole my posts and has higher position on Google. Will I be protected by that ?
Yes and no. Google avoid to present the same content in his results pages. It tries to determine who is the original author for any content. Without any links, Google may estimate that the bigger website with a higher notoriety is the original author.
If the splogs copies the copyright message with the link to your original post, Google may understand that you are the first one who published the content. But this is not a 100% sure.
- Which languages does WP Sitemap Page support?
This plugin is available through the following languages :
- English (default language)
- French (
fr_LU) by Tony Archambeau
- Spanish (
es_ES) by WebHostingHub
If you want to add another language, feel free to contact me in order to send the file with the correct translation files (.mo and .po). Thanks a lot!
“Copyright Footer RSS” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
Add spanish translation.
Plugin now multilingual. Add the french language
Small modification on readme.txt file
Small debug on readme.txt