Use the “Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)” plugin to optimize the size of your website’s images, speed up the page loading, free up the space for storing data on the server and increase your ranking in search engines such as Google, Yandex, etc.
The “Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)” plugin uses functions of the Squeezeimg Image Optimizer to quickly minimize the size of your images. You can compress / convert images without visible quality loss or with loss.
How it works?
Install the “Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)” plugin to your website.
You DON’T NEED to install ANY OTHER plugins and libraries!!!
Also register your Squeezeimg account (https://squeezeimg.com) and generate an API key to use on your website. You can use 1000 images per month for FREE, or you need to pay for any Squeezeimg Image Optimizer plan to use more images.
Then the “Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)” plugin will do all the image optimization for you!
Fast compression and conversion of images without visible quality loss using the Squeezeimg service. This feature minimizes the size of all your images and increases the loading speed of your websites and applications. On average, images are compressed by 50 – 80 % and pages of a website or application load much faster.
You can use the plugin to compress images of any size and the most popular formats – PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF, SVG, BMP, TIFF.
Also the plugin allows you to convert images to WebP, AVIF and jp2 format. After conversion, your images are reduced by 50 % compared to the original images.
And you can apply compression / conversion only for specific folders with images. This helps to use the image limit efficiently.
With one API key, you can compress and convert up to 1000 of your images every month for FREE.
If that’s not enough for you, you can choose and pay for a suitable Squeezeimg Image Optimizer plan (check out all pricing at https://squeezeimg.com/pricing).
You can use Lazy Load as an additional way to reduce page’s loading time and improve overall website performance.
Lazy Load defers loading of ALL your images not just catalog images. For example, images of logo, cms, module, theme, etc.
Also, with this plugin, you can create a complete sitemap with images as an XML file in a few seconds and upload it to Google Search Console, Yandex.Webmaster.
This allows search engines – Google, Yandex – to quickly find and crawl all images of your website, including those recently added or updated.
So it increases the ranking of your website and improves its SEO.
If you want to automatically compress / convert your images, you can set up the CRON task.
This feature allows you to automatically process images at a specified time and save you time.
Also use the function of automatic compression / conversion of images from your website media gallery (including icons).
Apply the “Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)” plugin and:
* Increase website / application loading speed and improve SEO rank.
* Reduce used disk space and improve performance of website / application.
* Improve the loyalty of your customers by making your pages load faster.
ATTENTION!!! For the plugin to work correctly, you must take into account that:
* The plugin works on servers under Apache2, Nginx.
* The plugin does not work with Microsoft IIS without the Rewrite module.
* The plugin will not work if you have activated the Pagespeed Module from Google.
* Compresses images (PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF).
* Converts images to WebP, AVIF and jp2 format and reduces their size.
* Minimizes an unlimited number of images.
* Allows you to select the needed options for compression / conversion.
* Reduce used disk space.
* Saves original images, if necessary.
* Adds GZIP compression for the server.
* Uses Lazy Load for images.
* Allows you to select a specific folder with images for compression / conversion.
* Generates a complete sitemap in an XML file.
* Automatically compresses / converts images by starting the CRON task.
Help / Contact us:
We will answer any questions about the plugin.
Donate link: https://squeezeimg.com/
Requires at least: 4.0.1
Tested up to: 6.0
Stable tag: 1.0.7
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
The “Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)” plugin helps to optimize all your images and improve the performance of your website
- Download and install the plugin;
- Register your Squeezeimg account (https://squeezeimg.com);
- In the plugin settings, add the API key that generated in the Squeezeimg service;
- Select the parameters for image compression / conversion;
- Enable the Lazy Load function (if necessary);
- Use a complete sitemap with images as an XML (if necessary);
- If necessary, compress / convert only those images that are saved in a specific folder;
- Configure automatic CRON operation (if necessary);
- Use the function of automatic compression / conversion of images from your website media gallery;
- Optimize images.
Can I use Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)?
The “Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)” plugin uses functions of the Squeezeimg service. This is a very easy-to-use optimizer to images of any resource (any website, mobile app, different device).
What file formats can I optimize?
Squeezeimg optimizes files with format .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif.
Also, the image is converted to WebP, AVIF and jp2 format.
Can I restore the originals of my images?
The “Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)” plugin allows you to create optimized images without changing the original files. You can also replace the original image with an optimized one (if necessary).
Can I try Free plan Squeezeimg?
Yes, of course. You need to choose the FREE plan and sign up in Squeezeimg. Then you can optimize 1 000 images for free.
After 30 days your images limit will be restarted to 1 000 images again.
How can I use the API key generated for the Squeezeimg service?
You can use the same API key across different websites.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
“Compress Images with Squeezeimg (Webp/Jp2/Avif)” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
- Fixed bug with version validation WP.
- Fixed error when stopping conversion.
- Added conversion to AVIF format.