Column-Matic easily inserts columns into posts and pages by wrapping content with a snappy shortcode. Useful for sites with a magazine or newspaper style layout, Column-Matic shortcode wraps content in cozy columns. Content can also be separated so that text and images are displayed on opposite sides of a post or page. Visit the Twinpictures Plugin Oven | Colum-Matic | Documentation for a complete listing of shortcode options, even a few examples that might delight and even inform. Free Community Support is available.
- Old-school: upload the
column-maticfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory via FTP. Hipster: Add the Column-Matic via the WordPress Plugins menu.
- Activate the Plugin
- Test that the this plugin meets your demanding needs.
- Tweak the theme css files for premium enjoyment.
- Rate the plugin and verify that it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request or cocktail recipes at https://wordpress.org/tags/column-matic
- Example 1: 2 column layout using class only
[column class=”column1″]Column 1 content goes here.[/column]
[column class=”column2″]Column 2 content goes here.[/column]
Note: .column1 and .column2 must be defined in your theme’s style.css
- Example 2: 3 column layout using css definitions
[column width=”200px” padding=”10px”]Column 1 content goes here.[/column]
[column width=”200px” padding=”10px”]Column 2 content goes here.[/column]
[column width=”200px” padding=”10px”]Column 3 content goes here.[/column]
- How does one remove the strange <br/> and </p> tags that are being inserted between the columns
This is due to WordPress processing the wonky wpautop function before processing shortcodes. For a quick workaround, try the following:
Change execution priority of wpautop by adding the following line to function.php:
add_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘wpautop’,20 );
Remove breaks and spaces between the shortcodes, so the the columns appear all clumped together:
[column class=”column1″]Column 1 content goes here.[/column][column class=”column2″]Column 2 content goes here.[/column][end_columns]
- I am a Social Netwookiee, might Twinpictures have a Facebook page?
Yes, yes… Twinpictures is on Facebook.
- Does Twinpictures do the Twitter?
Ah yes! @Twinpictures does the twitter tweeting around here.
- How does one use the shortcode, exactly?
A complete listing of shortcode options has been provided to answer this exact question.
- Where can I translate this plugin into my favorite language?
Community translation for Column-Matic has been set up. You are welcome to join.
- Where can I go for jokes and fun?
Why not try: Jokes & Fun
There are no reviews for this plugin.
- updated for WordPres 4.1
- added WordPress 4.0 icons
- fixed missing localization keys
- removed php4 constructor
- added I18n localization support
- added text_align attribute
- Completely re-wrote plugin
- Added options page to inject custom css
- Tested with 3.5 and small spelling corrections.
- The plugin came to be.