The plugin adds DEFAULT Profile and Group cover settings in WP Admin – Settings – BuddyPress – Settings.
You also have the option to replace default BuddyPress cover photo and use this plugin for the cover functionality.
Check out this demo to see it in action:
- Download the plugin file
- Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
- Upload the
/buddypress-cover-photo/folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/folder on your site
- Single-site BuddyPress go to Plugins menu and activate there.
- For Multisite visit Network Admin -> Plugins and Network Activate it there.
- What other configurations do I need
No. This plugin needs no configuration.
- How do I set up default cover images
From WP admin – Settings – BuddyPress – Settings you can set default images for profile and groups.
2022年5月20日 1 reply
If you like plugins that ruin your setup, pick this one. Despite the prior comments by the author it does not uninstall. It changes the default way BP handles the cover pics and when you uninstall it, you NO LONGER HAVE THE OPTION TO UPLOAD GROUP COVERS! THats right, it defaults you to some old version of BP from the days when there were no covers for groups. And the plug-in does NOT restore default function even when deleted. This is a true piece of junk that worked years ago but will be certain to break your install. And if you read the prior comments, people have said this for years and the developer just makes general remarks in response instead of fixing it or removing it from production. It may have been cool years ago but do yourself a favor and DO NOT EVEN THINK AVOIT IT. I don’t usually leave bad reviews but this is a warning to those who might tempt fate. Not worth it. Ha, there are so many things wrong with it. It adds duplicate covers, one over the other, and you have to delete one, only to have the default show up again, improperly sized. Then, when you realize you don’t want it, it’s too late, because uninstalling it means that you now cannot upload group covers. Lol. Either fix it or shut it down.
2019年11月7日 1 reply
No longer works - Don't use
2019年10月10日 1 reply
After selecting the option "Leave BP Cover plugin functionality instead of BP 2.4 core" it destroyed my site. Do not install this plugin!! As mentioned in a ticket with no resolution from 2 years ago, there's no way to revert back. I now have to restore my site and redo all my other recent changes. Beware that this plugin may break your site.
2016年9月3日 1 reply
I found and just installed this plugin, it works like a charm!!! It looks great once I uploaded an image, it even has save and delete button to change whenever I like 🙂 It really make a member profile kick it up a notch!!! Yahoo!!! It also compatible with my theme and other plugins with no issue! I like to give 50 yellow stars for this plugin. Nice Nice and Nice! Thank you and keep up the good work as always 🙂
I think it could be a really nice plugin but it is concentrated on the developers theme.
Hi seventhqueen , I translate the cover photo.How I send you ?Turkish. My Link = http://www.utkugurler.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/coverphoto.zip
“BuddyPress Default Cover Photo” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
- Fixed customizer error when BPCP plugin was active
- Changed some typos in the plugin description
- Plugin is now properly prepared for localisation so it can get automatic translation updates trough WordPress https://translate.wordpress.org
- BuddyPress 2.6 compatibility added
- Added option to replace Buddypress functionality with the plugin in Settings – BuddyPress – Settings
- Added fallback to Buddypress 2.4 core functionality for Profile/Group Cover. Right now having the plugin active will use BP functionality and use to the old uploaded image until you upload a new one with the new BP interface. The plugins screens are no longer users in BuddyPress 2.4 and we only kept the default image setttings in the WP Admin – Settings – Buddypress – Settings area
- Added Catalan translation
- Change to the group cover tint inner layer to show also when the user isn’t logged in. thanks @sharmstr
- Updated translation files
- Some extra checks when saving just the position so it won’t remove the existing image
- Some fixes to allow other themes to filter the backround html tag
- Fixed header info section of the plugin that was causing some install problems
- Fixed a BuddyPress Group editing issue from admin area as in: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/compatibility-problem-with-buddypress
- Added html tag filter to hook into the background element if theme developers need to
- Added Group cover
- Added settings for default profile and group covers in Settings – BuddyPress – Settings screen
- Fixed translations
- Allow admin to set covers for members
- Initial release