BridgeDD is a WordPress — phpBB bridge that…works.
You can log in and out from WordPress or phpBB as you always do, and you will be automatically logged in/out of both applications. New members in one application become members in the other application just by browsing to that application. There is no need to worry about “integrating” existing members into both applications — BridgeDD handles it automatically.
And best of all, the bridging is done using a breakthrough technology that eliminates the bloat, sluggishness, and bugs of other WordPress-based bridge plugins and phpBB-based bridge MODs.
BridgeDD combines two very different applications and has special requirements. Please read the installation instructions before downloading BridgeDD.
Support is available on the BridgeDD website.
BridgeDD does not support phpBB 3.1 or later.
Read the READ ME FIRST guide before downloading or installing BridgeDD!
BridgeDD requires WordPress 3.9 – 6.0 (Multisite not supported), phpBB 3.0.9 – 3.0.14, PHP 5.3.0 or later, and the mysqli (Improved MySQL) PHP extension and phpBB DB driver. The mysqli extension is bundled into PHP by default, and unless you have disabled it manually, it will be available.
BridgeDD does not support phpBB 3.1 or later.
BridgeDD modifies phpBB files, and you should take the same precautions before installing BridgeDD as you do before installing a phpBB MOD through AutoMOD.
BridgeDD will create a new directory on your system called bridgedd, and it will be at the same directory level as the WordPress wp-includes directory. This directory will contain files that allow BridgeDD to upgrade you to new versions without the hassles you would encounter when upgrading other bridge plugins.
Cross-posting requires the Classic Editor plugin with WordPress 5.0+.
BridgeDD widgets require the Classic Widgets plugin with WordPress 5.8+.
- Download and activate the BridgeDD Requirements plugin. If you see an error message on the plugins page, do not install BridgeDD!
- If a bridge plugin such as WP-United or wp-phpbb-bridge is activated, follow its instructions to disable and delete it in phpBB and WordPress
- Log in as administrator to your phpBB board
- Upload the BridgeDD plugzin ZIP file via the Install Plugins interface, and activate it
- Select your phpBB installation in BridgeDD Settings, and verify that the phpBB displayed URL and board preview are correct
- Also verify that you are logged in to the phpBB board. Then click Save Changes
- Set the BridgeDD settings options as required, then click Save Changes again
BridgeDD doesn’t work.
Make sure to download and activate the BridgeDD Requirements plugin.
I selected my phpBB installation, but the URL and preview for my board are wrong.
This means that the phpBB settings for your board’s URL are incorrect. Since you are already logged in with your admin/founder account, go to the phpBB ACP. Click the Server Settings link near the bottom of the left sidebar, and in the Server URL Settings block, enter the correct Domain name and Script path for your board and click Submit. Now refresh the BridgeDD Settings page in WordPress, and you should see the correct URL and preview for your phpBB board.
I selected my phpBB installation, things seem to be OK, but BridgeDD doesn’t integrate logins and logouts.
The WordPress and phpBB installations must be in the same base domain, and WordPress must be able to save a cookie that phpBB can read. BridgeDD will not work if, for example, WordPress is installed at https://mywp.com and phpBB is installed at https://myforum.com
Is a translation available for my language?
The following translations are currently available: Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Ukranian, Brazilian Portuguese, Arabic, Danish, and Chinese (Simplified). If you have translated BridgeDD into your language, please upload the PO file to the BridgeDD website.
Got more questions?
Ask them at the BridgeDD website.
- BridgeDD 1.4.1 is the last release of BridgeDD
- Significantly improved compatibility with Windows systems — both IIS servers and localhost WAMP/XAMPP
- Major improvements to BridgeDD widgets
- Support default permalink structure in new WP4.7+ installs
- Bug fix: phpBB boards with no public forums caused fatal errors in Recent Board Topics widget
- Complete rewrite of installation and user integration code to resolve numerous longstanding issues
- WordPress requirement now 3.9
- Less memory usage in phpBB during logins, logouts, and registrations
- Internal hook system added to allow plugins/themes to access BridgeDD features
- Bug fix: Topic titles of cross-posts were not updated when article title was changed
- Bug fix: logging out from WordPress sometimes required a confirmation
- Cross-post addon included with BridgeDD
- Rewritten settings interface – addons have their own settings panel
- BridgeDD can be completely uninstalled – the first bridge to offer this capability
- Improved compatibility with Windows IIS servers and WAMP localhost installs
- More than 80 bug fixes and code optimizations
- Completely rewritten session integration, resulting in less memory usage and greater compatibility with WordPress plugins and phpBB MODS
- Greatly improved method to select a phpBB installation
- Includes the Recent Board Topics widget from BridgeDD Premium
- Cleaned-up user interface
- Numerous small bug fixes
First publicly-available version.