BP Display name is a very light weight plugin that performs a powerful function. When using BuddyPress with WordPress the display Name, or displayname, in the members directory can be different from the display name in the users profile. We solved this with a simple plugin that defaults the display name of all existing and future members. Change the display name site wide, keeping names consistent thought
your site. It can be changed at any time to 5 different choices, those are:
- First Name
- Last Name
- First & Last Name
Simple, yet effective. The admin side couldn’t be more easy to understand. In the future we will be testing with bbPress forum name.
1a. Upload the bp_display_name folder to the
1b. Download through the plugins manager in the WordPress backend admin area.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
3. Go to the Buddpress tab on your backend admin area, select BP Display Name.
4. Choose “Display Name Publically As”, the Save…. Done.
- Is this Compatible with bbPress?
Yes, but doesn’t change the previous post names.
- Can you add functionality?
possibly, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I Donate to the cause?
Sure, go to http://scenicjobs.com/wordpress-plugins.
“BP Display Name” 是一個開源的軟體。以下的人對這個外掛作出了貢獻。貢獻者
Plugin Initial Release.