Spammers target old posts in a hope that you won’t notice the comments on them. Why not stop them in their tracks by just shutting off comments and pingbacks? Auto-Close Comments, Pingbacks and Trackbacks let’s you automatically close comments, pingbacks and trackbacks on your posts, pages and custom post types.
You can also choose to keep comments / pingbacks / trackbacks open on certain posts, page or custom post types. Just enter a comma-separated list of post IDs in the Settings page.
An extra feature is the ability delete post revisions or limit their number.
- Close (or open) comments on posts, pages, attachments and even Custom Post Types!
- Close (or open) pingbacks and trackbacks as well across all post types. You can also choose to delete them
- Schedule a cron job to automatically close comments, pingbacks and trackbacks daily
- Delete all post revisions or limit the number of revisions by post type
Navigate to Plugins within your WordPress Admin Area
Click “Add new” and in the search box enter “autoclose”
Find the plugin in the list (usually the first result) and click “Install Now”
Download the plugin
Extract the contents of autoclose.zip to wp-content/plugins/ folder. You should get a folder called autoclose.
Activate the Plugin in WP-Admin.
Goto Settings » AutoClose to configure
If your question isn’t listed there, please create a new post at the WordPress.org support forum. It is the fastest way to get support as I monitor the forums regularly. I also provide premium paid support via email.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Release post: https://webberzone.com/blog/auto-close-v2-1-0/
- New revisions tab with settings to control the number of revisions by post type
- New button in Tools page to delete all revisions
- New Tools page with several buttons to open, close and delete comments, pingbacks and trackbacks. You can find the link in the Settings page under the main header
- New button to delete all pingbacks and trackbacks in the Tools page
- Activating the plugin on Multisite should upgrade settings from v1.x
- Uninstalling the plugin on Multisite will delete the settings from all sites
- Migrated options to the Settings API
- Main plugin file has been renamed to autoclose.php
- Cron hook renamed from
For older changes, refer to changelog.txt