This plugin uses the yahoo.com API to find the most relevant keywords from the content of your post, and then adds them as tags.
The tagging is fully automatic, so if you’re using a plugin like feedwordpress to display RSS feeds on your blog as posts, everything will get done as the feed posts are published. No user intervention necessary!
- Upload the auto-tag directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Open the Auto Tags/Settings menu to configure.
- That’s it. Every new post will now be automatically tagged.
- What are the configuration options ?
There are quite a few, but you can choose whether to tag posts or pages or both, the maximum number of tags on each post, and more!
- Wow, is this great or what?
Yes, but thanks for saying so in the form of a question!
V. 0.5.1 Per post tag blacklist, per post enable/disable switch, tag pages and/or posts, retag all posts
V. 0.5 Remove support for deprecated tagthe.net API, wordpress 3.4 compatible, simplify options
V. 0.4.3 Bug fix release
V. 0.4 Added item to configuration page to choose whether the tags are appended to preexisting ones or overwrite them
Numerous bug fixes.
V. 0.2 Added configuration page to choose number of tags retrieved from each service.