This plugin is meant to be a drop-in to your wordpress installation with no additional configuration. The goals/features of this plugin are:
- Use existing wordpress APIs for backwards compatability and prevent coupling to this plugin
- Leverage dependency model wordpress provides for assets to improve loading performance
Please submit bugs or contributions to the github location and not here on wordpress’ system:
This plugin will not work out the box with the following plugins (unless they are modified to support asynchronous loading).
- Jetpack by WordPress.com (social plugin)
- WP Most Popular
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Is there any potential problems with other plugins?
As long as those plugins are using the built-in wordpress script queuing and not attempting to output scripts manually (such as invoking wp_print_scripts()), you should have no problems. If you find plugins that don’t work properly (or without modifications), let me know and I will maintain an incompatibility list.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
- Ability to mark headjs as always in header (thanks DeanStr)
- Fixed notices
- Added filter to alter src location
- Fixed bug introduced in last version
- Ability to specify your own head.js file (thanks to DeanStr)
- Removed PHP warning
- Ability to exclude files by filename or queue id from being loaded asynchronously
- Fixed static reference for PHP < 5.2.3
- WordPress already orders dependencies, updated as head.js doesn’t support multiple dependency resolution
- Starting incompatibility list
- Updated readme and versioning
wp_enqueue_async_script(), should be able to use normal wordpress method
- Updated normal enqueue processing to use dependencies, will need to improve upon this in future.
- Initial release, seems to work. 🙂