This plugin logs 404 (Page Not Found) errors on your WordPress site. It also logs useful informations like referrer, user address, and error hit count. It is fully compatible with a multisite configuration.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the folder named 404-error-monitor in /wp-content/plugins/.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure settings. If you opted for a network install go to network admin dashboard to configure settings.
- Go to 404 Error monitor page to see error list. For network installation, use 404 Error monitor page from network admin dashboard to see error list for the entire network or use 404 Error monitor page located in the settings menu of an admin dashboard to see website error lists individually.
The plugin causes taxes to fail on Woocommerce, so incorrect rates can be returned. It throws this error: Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; errorMonitor has a deprecated constructor in /www/wp-content/plugins/404-error-monitor/index.php on line 51 Otherwise, it's a great plugin and does what it says, but it needs an update to fix this issue with Woocommerce.
Very good component. It list nice what it needs to list.
This plugin gives the best 404 error log that I could find from WordPress plugins. The only concern is that the author has not updated it for 1 year. However, so far I have not seen any issues with it. The major advantages here are: 1. Concatenates 404s by URL. This means that each 404 link takes up only 1 line and I can clearly see how often it comes up. 2. Excluded paths. Other 404 plugins are dominated by various paths from crawlers that want to compromise my site (eg. to /plugins folder). I do not need to deal with these as 404 errors. With this plugin they do not clutter the picture. 3. It displays actual and redirected 404 errors for pages (I did not test posts). I find a major benefit with this approach because it lets me see all internal and external linking issues on my site without the mask of the redirection patch. I can now fix each one directly without the need to look for them. 4. Simple
It's a great plugin!
The plugin works perfectly, but it lacks some options (IP, user agent). The fact that gathers the same 404s in one line is amazing though. I hate that he adds a different menu in the sidebar, it should go under 'Tools' section. If I were a developer I would mix this one and 404 Error log into one plugin.
將 404-error-monitor 外掛本地化為台灣繁體中文版。
- Corrected ajax call in errorList
- for network install only: fixed mininum hit count setting problem.
- fixed referer issue: referer is not saved if is a wp admin page.
- added some css to error list page.
- added new fonctionnality that clean entries that are older than the configured limit.
- improved activate and deactivate methods.
- added export fonctionnality.
- improved extension filters.
- corrected display of url in error list page for single site installations.
- fixed too generic css issue
- fixed issue with unsecure content for HTTPS admin area
- disabled “delete all” and “export to csv” buttons when there are no errors
- improved security while saving entries.
- changed required capacity to view error list and settings page. New capacity required is: manage_options.
- fixed some minor bugs
- improved security for deleting and exporting entries.
- added pagination in error list page.
- 404 entries are no longer deleted on plugin deactivation.
- not saving 404 errors for redirected posts.
- added setting option to define if editor users can see and export error list.